On Sunday we started thinking about the week ahead and filling up on groceries. Ryan asked me about *sides* for dinners. I said we had plenty of brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta and potatoes, but he felt that was getting a little boring and repetitive...how about some asparagus? I was floored! "Ryan, we already have romaine and spinach salad, are you saying you want asparagus as a side with that?", Ryan says, "I like asparagus that would be great!"
Whoa baby! This started a conversation of him sharing more healthy meals with me and basically putting in a couple requests for our grocery list but leaving the rest of to me! Oh wow, am I a happy camper! No longer having to stare at packages of dried buttered noodles or longing for some frozen mashed potatoes, whoo dog!
Check out some snapshots of our grocery trip (we didn't really need any protein this time, after combining refrigerator/freezers we have plenty of chicken b00bs, steaks,pork chops, and ground beef for now)
![]() |
| Asparagus, Sandwich Thins, Chobani! |
![]() |
| bananas, peaches, romaine salad, raspberries! |
![]() |
| Better Oats and Chobani!! |
![]() |
| oranges, milk, cucumber! |
![]() |
| Lean Cuisine Thai Spring Rolls as a last minute time saver when needed |
![]() |
| Kashi TLCs and Smart Ones Mini Cheeseburgers not a regularly eaten food, but great for cheeseburger cravings! |
Do you guys like any of my choices? What should I add? Oh and, umm, what's the best way to make asparagus? I don't want them to get mooshy in the microwave, should I broil them? We LOVE the flavor of grilled asparagus!
What did you shop for this weekend?






4 comments:
Hee hee! Chicken b00bs!
I would LOVE it if my husband took a more active part in eating healthy! You've definitely got a keeper there!
I call em chicken boobs, too! Yay, chicken boobs!
Oh, and definitely either grill/broil or steam asparagus. A little lemon juice and zest makes it fun. :o)
Yummy, now I'm hungry!
My fav. way to make asparagus is to do it in the oven...put a little olive oil on it and some Mrs. Dash (or other seasonings ) and bake it for about 15-20 min's on 350
YAY!!! You found the oatmeal!!!
:D
As for asparagus, I made some asparagus tips the other night, i just plopped them in boiling water until they were tender enough to eat then ate them with a bit of lemon and s&p.
Looks like a successful target shopping trip!
Post a Comment